<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Little Engine
A small place for music.

****December Playlist****

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Thank you December in California. Thanks for your warm weather and smiling faces. Enjoy the playlist for December kids - this time - on time.

Gonzales // Salon Salloon
Part of the SuperCollider crew. How could I have not been into these guys earlier? This is a great disc full of piano. More piano!

Sufjan Stevens // Sister Winter
I know, I know - I can hear it now - "Ohhh my god! Another fucking Sufjan Stevens song." Yes. I know. But it is really quite good. Makes me feel like wearing a scarf and accessorizing with my emotions on my sleeve.

Charlotte Gainsbourg // The Song That We Sing
Wow. Who is this girl? I might have a better idea if I hadn't slept thru Science of Sleep. Right?

Yusef Lateef // The Plum Blossom
Fantastic. The artist formerly known as Cat Stevens. I picture him blowing on a jug in this track. But clearly, I think it is a flute.

Royal Wood // Chamomile
Great track. Great song writing. Signed to Dead Daisy Records out of Canada - big ups to EMM and the whole crew. Check this guy out, almost makes me like the singer/songwriter again.

Softlightes // A Town Named Blue
Just found out about these guys, great listen from start to finish.

Lisa Papineau // Out To You
The female voice of AIR and M83. Enjoy.

The Shins // Sea Legs
My fav new Shins track. Pick up this album - its great. Out soon?!?

The Blow // Let's Play Boys Chase Girls
You know them. They are fun.

On No! Oh My! // I Love You All The Time
Cute. Fun. Great Name.

Rich Boy // Throw Some D's
Hip hop track out of leftfield. Lookout for this one - you will be bobbing your head before you know it. Rock those 2 XLs.

Claudia Lennear // Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky
This is my new life motto. Amazing. Off the latest funk comp from the vaults of Warner and Atlantic.

That's Him! That's The Guy! // These Days
Great pop writing. Enjoy.

David Vandervelde // Murder in Michigan
Dear Dave,
I really like your music. I hope I run into you and Brie very soon.
Your friend,
m
Fantastic new artist on Secretly Canadian. Enjoy.

Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground // Bowie 4
Not sure where I found these guys - but fuck me - it's good.

+ / - // One Day You'll Be There
So good. New Plus Minus!

Tally Hall // The Whole World And You
Hailing from Ann Arbor, MI - a great little group. How this city gave the world this band and Robert J Maskin - I have no idea.

Theo Sarapo & Edith Piaf // A Quoi Ca Sert L'Amour
Rainy this one is for you. <3

Peter Bjorn & John // Amsterdam
Not on KCRW. Should be. I love this track. It's happy. It's fun. It's got a good beat.

Flevans // Get Caribou
Track from this UK based producer/beatmaker/remixer. Great stuff.

Tahiti 80 // Big Day
Sounds like a big day.

Beirut // Elephant Gun
Back to back months with Beirut as the closer. I'm in love. Clearly.


December Playlist
5:50 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • i appreciate the track. ha :)

    i thought cat stevens new name was islam? or did he change it after getting racially profiled at an airport?

    also - that shins album is already out. its a goodun.

    love to see you when we're both safe and warm in LA again.
    -r

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 PM  
  • New Shins isn't out until January 23rd... poor shins, someone leaked it long ago.

    By Blogger TwitchyAcorn, at 9:35 AM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

!!!dr. thunder still high fives!!! :: permalink